There are a variety of ways you can use the services provided by us, including being able to communicate with other people. When you share any information with us; for example by downloading an application or activating certain features, we can use this information to provide a better service to our current and future users. This ranges from deciding what languages to make our products and services available in, to more complex things like what functionality people will find most useful.
Information we collect
We may collect and process the following information (this list is not exhaustive);
- Information provided by you when you download or activate our products or add-on features, or use our services:
- Your name, location, email address, homes / business address and telephone number.
- Some services may also require your date of birth (for example, to prove you are old enough to use those services, or to protect your security).
- You add other information about yourself, or other people who use your phone or tablet, to personalise your settings or profile.
- Information provided by you when you communicate with friends or family using our products and services. If you wish to share content or recommend our services to others we may collect information from you about them (e.g. their name, address, email, and phone number).
Information we get from your use of our services, such as;
- Customer feedback
- The different services or features you use and how you use them
- Information about the device(s) you use to access our services (such as the make/model of your phone or tablet, what operating system and version it uses, information that uniquely identifies your device, and mobile network information including phone number).
- Internet protocol (IP) address.
- Details of crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language.
- Location information about your actual location, such as GPS signals sent by a mobile device or sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
How we use this information
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, protect and improve our various products and services; to develop new products, services and features; and (unless you choose not to receive this from us) to ensure that you receive relevant, tailored content.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing and as part of our audit process. We may use your contact information to inform you about updates and information in relation to us and our products and services (for example, letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements, or other products you can download). We may also use your contact information to inform you about other companies’ products and services. We may contact you electronically (for example, by SMS or text message, email, or via any QuayTech software or applications you have installed) for marketing purposes.
Upon downloading and / or running QuayTech software you automatically consent to receiving such communications in this manner until such time as you notify us to the contrary and your wish to ‘opt out’ or have us delete your data which is your statutory right. Should this occur there may be a need for you to delete the QuayTech Enterprises software.
We do not otherwise share personal information with external companies, organisations or individuals outside of QuayTech Enterprises Ltd or any group or subsidiary companies except in the following circumstances:
- If you have given us your consent to share your personal information with companies, organisations or individuals. In respect of sensitive personal data, we would require your opt-in consent before sharing it.
- We may need to share personal information with external companies, organisations or individuals if we have a bona fide belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to comply with a Court order, applicable law (e.g. the Government’s Prevent strategy), regulation, legal process or legitimate and enforceable governmental request; enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations; detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; protect the rights, property or safety of QuayTech Enterprises Ltd their users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable / anonymised data publicly and with our partners.
- We store any personal information in line with ICO guidance and in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- We only hold personal data for as long as is necessary.
Your Privacy and Choices
We appreciate that different people have different privacy concerns, so we want to be clear about what information we collect and to allow you to make meaningful choices about how it is used for example;
- You can view and edit your preferences, including what information you receive from us, whether we tell you about other products and services, etc.
- If you choose to use products or applications that advise you about other companies’ services (for example, vouchers or special offers), you can opt out of receiving adverts.
- You can customise your settings to determine how you appear to other individuals you contact.
You have the right to ask us not to use your information to inform you about our products and services and/or other companies’ products and services and you can exercise your right to prevent this at any time by contacting us in writing at the address shown below.
You can also use your phone or tablet’s settings to enable or block various features on our applications, however, it is important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if location services or other features are blocked / disabled.
Our aim is to make it easy for you to decide what you do or don’t want to receive, and our applications are designed to give you the ability to change these settings at the touch of a button without having to leave the application.
Some of our applications and services will allow you to share information with others. These applications will provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
Accessing and updating your personal information
We aim to provide you with access to your personal information when you use our services. If any of the information is wrong, our aim is to give you ways to update it easily or delete it – unless we must keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. If you want to know exactly what personal information we hold about you, you can obtain it. If it transpires that the information held is inaccurate, we will make the necessary amendments and confirm to you that these have been made.
To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you please submit a Subject Access Request in writing to our Head Office address. Please note that a small non-refundable fee of £10 will be payable. If you contact us about changing or removing your personal information, we may ask questions to verify your identity before we can process your request. We reserve the right to decline requests if they are unreasonably repetitive, require a disproportionate level of technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), pose a risk to the privacy of others, or would be deemed to be excessive (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes). We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. As a result, when information is removed, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
If you have any comments or questions, please contact QuayTech Enterprises Ltd by writing to us at:
2 Exchange Quay
Or by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Review and Enforcement
If we receive any formal written complaints, we will contact the person who made the complaint to follow it up.
Should you require clarity over this policy or our data security / processes please contact us.